Dos and Don’ts for Breast Augmentation
If you are considering getting a breast augmentation (BA), it is important to hear from other women who have been there. Here is a list of common dos and don’ts advised by BA patients:
- Seek a plastic surgeon who is experienced with breast enhancement surgeries.
- Choose a plastic surgeon whom you feel most comfortable with, someone you can openly address your concerns and desires regarding the surgery.
- Ask for a 3D Simulation System, like Vectra 3D, which helps patients to visualise the effects of the surgery and to decide which implants they want.
- Check the brand of implants. Motiva Implants is the latest generation of breast implants and comes with a high safety profile and lifetime warranty against rupture.
- Follow your plastic surgeon’s advice during post-surgery care, which would help with better results and fast recovery (information online may be unreliable!)
- Don’t use other women’s / celebrity’s implant size as a guide. Volume depends on each individual’s body frame.
- Don’t assume ‘bigger is better’. Larger implants that are too big for some individual’s frame may not look aesthetically pleasing and may have more complications in the long run.
- Don’t expect to see results immediately. The results may be full and firm at first, but it takes time to soften into a more natural feel and shape
- Never do the surgery to please others!
How can we help?